Taking a whole food all natural multivitamin and mineral supplement daily can help protect against many degenerative disorders such as heart disease and osteoporosis. It can also help with reducing the run-of-the-mill illnesses like infections, Flu and the common cold.
Here are 20 lesser-known ways a daily multivitamin can help promote optimal health and well-being. There are many more reasons other than these 20 reasons but it would take a very long time to write and read them all!
20 Reasons To Take a Daily Multivitamin
- Support healthy aging. As life marches on your body has a harder time absorbing nutrients from food. Plus many of us don’t have a very healthy diet. At the same time, your nutritional needs increase due to the wear and tear from all the life experience you go through.
Correct nutritional deficiencies caused by prescription drugs, surgery and poor diets. Aging bodies need more than you would think. As we age we use up the supply that we were born with and if it is not replaced then you will be lacking nutrition. Many prescriptions use a vitamin or mineral to become a substance that the body can adsorb. However that vitamin or mineral become useless to the body. Prescriptions can also block your body’s ability to adsorb the nutrients you eat at meal time.
- Improve short-term memory. According to Medical Studies of 10 randomized, placebo-controlled trials, taking a daily multivitamin can result in improvements in short-term memory. So forgetting where you put your keys or looking for your glasses while they are on your head can become a thing of the past.
- Boost energy levels. Fatigue, mental fog, and the need for the mid day nap have all be linked to a lack of nutrients. Of course getting the proper amount of sleep helps as well. Getting that proper sleep can improve by having the proper nutrition as well! Several studies have demonstrated that taking a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement is associated with increased energy levels with out the harsh effect of the simulates in energy supplements.
- Detox your body. Robust levels of essential minerals, antioxidants and B-complex vitamins present in a high-quality whole food multivitamin help clear toxins from the body, facilitate enzymatic reactions required for detoxification, and keep the liver and other organs in optimum shape.
Maintain muscle strength. Many of the problems with muscle aging or weakening strength are associated with free radical damage. However an antioxidant-rich daily multi-vitamin can help keep free radicals in check. Vitamin D has also been shown to improve muscle strength in older people. So plenty of sunshine and a multi-vitamin can help you stay strong as you age.
- Prevent falls. Numerous studies have found that a healthy diet and a daily multivitamin/mineral supplement — particularly one with therapeutic dosages of vitamin D (at least 1,000 IU) and calcium (1,000 mg)—can improve balance and reduce risk of falls.
- Restore sense of smell. Anosmia, the inability to detect odors, can be caused by a deficiency of zinc. Low levels of vitamins B12 and vitamin A along with copper are also associated with changes in sense of smell (and taste).
Protect against hearing loss. Many medical studies have found a connection between hearing loss and deficiencies in B-complex vitamins. A recent study also found that people with a elevated non protein amino acid called homocysteine levels have a 64 percent increased risk of hearing loss, and the best way to lower homocysteine levels is with whole food B-complex vitamins.
- Improve your skin. Research has shown that beta-carotene, vitamin C and vitamin E are important for maintaining healthy, younger-looking skin. Its easier and cheaper to keep your skin looking young then to treat it once wrinkles and line appear.
- Prevent asthma and allergies. People with asthma and those with allergies often have depleted levels of vitamin C, zinc, selenium and magnesium. These also help to build the immune system and keep those seasonal illnesses away.
- Prevent diabetes complications. Diabetes is a nutritionally-wasting condition, putting those who have it at dramatically increased risk of other health complications. These conditions can affect the eyes, nerves, blood vessels, kidneys and extremities. The best way to prevent these complications is by taking a whole food daily multivitamin and mineral supplement.
Boost mood. Chase away the blues and grumpy attitudes! Many studies have found that a daily multivitamin has positive effects on mood and emotional well-being. Many mood disorders can be linked to a lack of vitamins and minerals. Anxiety, depression and insomnia patients benefit from taking a multi-vitamin. It can even help psych-medication work more efficiently.
- Manage Stress. Research has shown that a daily multivitamin can help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Enhance weight loss. A study of obese women found that those taking a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement lost an average of 7.9 pounds, compared to 2 pounds for those taking a calcium supplement and half a pound in the placebo group.
- Improve sexual function. The organs and glands that are responsive to sexual hormones are particularly vulnerable to free radical damage. Taking an antioxidant-rich daily multivitamin can help ensure peak performance and function. By keeping these organs and glands healthy you can ensure your sex life stays young and active longer!
Prevent dry eyes. Vitamins, especially antioxidants, are essential for maintaining overall vision. But by the time you reach age 65 on average our eyes produce 40 percent less lubrication. If you wear contacts then you know that a dry eye can be a pain! However getting the right amount of nutrients can help you keep dry eye from cause pain and discomfort.
- Stop telomere erosion. Our Chromosomes are tightly coiled, rod-like structures made up of proteins and one double-helix–shaped molecule of DNA encoded with your genome (the blueprints for your growth, development and physiological function). At the tips of every chromosome are protective “caps” called telomeres, which naturally get shorter as we age. Research has found that taking a daily multivitamin can help slow and even reverse this erosion. The longer your telomeres the younger you will feel and look. These little caps are also what keep your cells, organs, and tissues healthy.
- Reduce cravings for alcohol. Studies show that people who have problems with alcohol can often gain better control over their drinking by making sure they have adequate levels of B-complex vitamins, calcium and magnesium. Alcohol drains the body of the nutrition and can cause severe deficiencies in nutrition.
Prevent dental problems. Vitamin C plays a key role in the prevention of gum disease. It helps maintain the integrity of the supporting structures of the oral tissues. Along with antioxidants, including vitamins A and E as well as selenium, have also been shown to improve the health of the gums. Perhaps even more important is zinc. This mineral stabilizes cellular membranes and inhibits plaque build up. Deficiencies in both zinc and vitamin A are also common in patients with periodontal disease. The best way to stay out of the Dentist chair is to keep your mouth healthy and strong.
Most supplements only have a few or half of what you need so you end up take more than one. Until now, We have 2 formulas that you can choose from so that you get all the nutrition you need. Nitro-Vi and Kryptonite contain over $500 worth of supplements in them.